Wednesday, March 18, 2015

Cinnamon Roll French Toast

So the other day I had some leftover cinnamon rolls that were starting to get a bit dry (I know, how does one even end up with leftover cinnamon rolls??) as well as some cream in the fridge that was getting close to its date.  I started thinking and decided it would be kind of fun to try a cinnamon roll french toast.  I did a quick google search and didn't find any recipes that were really what I was looking for, so I decided to just wing it.  Let me tell you, this definitely worked out.  I didn't add any sugar since I figured the cinnamon rolls were already fairly sweet, plus I knew I'd be adding syrup when I ate it.  The sweet, cinnamon-y flavor really comes through great and honestly, you don't even need syrup--you could just eat this straight out of the oven as is.  Just typing this up, I'm now wanting to make cinnamon rolls again just so I can make this french toast.  Mmmmm.  Now, it does take some advance thought since you have to soak it overnight, but that makes the morning as easy as pie!

Cinnamon Roll French Toast

Number of Servings: 8
Time to Prepare: 8 hours 45 minutes

  • 9-10 cups cubed cinnamon rolls
  • 1 1/2 cups cream
  • 1 1/2 cups milk
  • 8 eggs
  • 1 tsp butter flavoring
Grease a 9x13 pan.  Spread cinnamon roll cubes evenly in the pan.

Whisk together cream, milk, eggs, and butter flavoring.  Pour over cinnamon roll cubes and press the cubes down to make sure they all get coated.  Cover and refrigerate for 8 hours or overnight.

Remove pan from fridge and uncover.  Preheat oven to 350 degrees.  Bake for 30 minutes or until set.  Serve warm, drizzled with maple syrup.

Source: Me

No comments:

Post a Comment