Monday, August 24, 2015

Rosemary Swordfish

The first time I had swordfish was in New Orleans (don't even get me started on the awesome food you can find in New Orleans...) when I was pregnant with my first son.  Of course I thought about/realized/remembered later that you're not supposed to eat swordfish while pregnant.  Whoops!  But no worries, son #1 turned out just fine so everything is ok.  More than ok because swordfish is delicious and I'm so glad I was introduced to it.  It is a dense but moist, meaty fish with a nice mild flavor.  Just make sure you keep an eye on that internal temperature--if overcooked it can get heavy and dry--but cooked to the correct temperature it is heavenly.

Rosemary Swordfish

Number of Servings: 4
Time to Prepare: 1 hour 15 minutes

  • zest and juice of 1 lemon
  • 2 Tbsp olive oil (I used a rosemary-flavored oil)
  • 5 cloves garlic, minced
  • 1 Tbsp minced fresh rosemary
  • 1/2 tsp salt
  • 1/2 tsp pepper
  • 4 (5 oz) swordfish steaks
Combine the lemon zest and juice, olive oil, garlic, rosemary, salt, and pepper in a large resealable plastic bag.  Add the swordfish and turn to coat.  Marinate in the fridge for one hour.

Remove the fish from the bag and discard the remaining marinade.  Place fish on a broiler pan and broil about 4" from the heat for about 5 minutes per side, until it reaches an internal temperature of 125 degrees.  Remove the skin before serving.

Source: adapted from Taste of Home
Produce Used: Lemon, garlic, rosemary

No comments:

Post a Comment