Tuesday, June 10, 2014

Cheesy Crescent Slices

Ok, I know some people have a thing about rolls that come out of a can, but seriously, I love Pillsbury crescent rolls (and no, this post is not sponsored in any way...I'm definitely not that cool).  Costco only has them at certain times of year like Easter and Thanksgiving so whenever we see them there, we can't resist.  For some reason, we only buy them at Costco...I don't know, we're weird like that.  Something about being forced to buy in bulk makes me feel less guilty about buying so many?  Whatever it is, I always get embarrassingly excited when those special times of year come around.  To me, the best thing about crescent rolls is all the fun things you can do with them.  Honestly, we rarely ever just cook them up and them plain.  This is just one of many great examples of what you can do with crescent rolls.  And it's a fun alternative to garlic bread, bread sticks, etc.

Cheesy Crescent Slices

Number of Servings: 4
Time to Prepare: 25 minutes

  • 1 (8 oz) can Pillsbury crescent rolls
  • 3 oz (about 3/4 cup) shredded Cheddar cheese
  • 3 oz (about 3/4 cup) shredded Monterey Jack cheese
  • 1 oz (about 1/4 cup) shredded Mozzarella cheese
  • Italian seasoning
Preheat oven to 375 degrees.

Unroll crescent rolls and place on an ungreased cookie sheet.  Press into a 12"x8" rectangles, making sure to seal perforations.

Spread Cheddar and Monterey Jack cheeses down one long side of the dough.  Fold the other half over the cheese and pinch the edges to seal.  Sprinkle the Mozzarella on top and top with Italian seasoning. (I was fresh out of Mozzarella this time so I just used more of the Cheddar Jack shredded mix I get from Costco...super easy and made this a 3 ingredient recipe.  Bonus!)

Bake for 12 to 15 minutes.  Cut into 1" wide slices and serve warm.

Recipe Source: slightly adapted from Pillsbury.com

No comments:

Post a Comment