Monday, April 20, 2015

Creamy Peas with Bacon

I have this random memory from my childhood of one of us somehow finding out that my dad doesn't like peas.  Now this was a big deal because my parents seem to like just about everything.  And even when confronted with it, my dad denied it and would still eat peas when my mom served them.  In truth, I still don't know if my dad really likes peas or not, but peas always make me think of him.  Peas aren't really my most favorite vegetable, either, but when served like this I do not turn them down.  Bacon makes everything better, right?  And bacon is totally healthy when served up with mushrooms and peas.  So go ahead and enjoy.

Creamy Peas with Bacon

Time to Prepare: 30 minutes
Number of Servings: 6

  • 3 Tbsp butter
  • 1 small onion, finely chopped
  • 8 oz sliced mushrooms
  • 1 (16 oz) package frozen peas, thawed
  • 2 tsp granulated chicken bouillon
  • 8 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled
  • 1/2 tsp salt
  • 1/2 tsp pepper
  • 3 cups sour cream
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.

Melt butter in a large saucepan over medium heat.  Add onion and mushrooms and stir to coat.  Stir in chicken bouillon, then add peas, bacon, salt, pepper, and sour cream.  Cook and stir for 2 minutes.

Pour into a 2 quart baking dish and bake for 20 minutes, until heated through.

Produce Used: Onion, mushroom, peas
Source: adapted from Chef in Training

No comments:

Post a Comment