Monday, April 27, 2015

Honey Lime Fruit Salad

The first time I made this for my husband, he thought it was so-so.  I'm not sure what changed, but since then he has changed his tune and he absolutely loves it.  I have tried a few other fruit salad recipes here and there and when I ask how he likes them he always says they're ok, but not as good as the honey lime fruit salad.  No other fruit salad can seem to stand up to this one!  And I have to say, I tend to agree with my husband.  I also keep coming back to this salad.  It is so bright and fresh--it just tastes happy to me!  It is very adaptable depending on what is in season.  In the winter, I often make it with just canned pineapple, canned mandarin oranges, and grapes.  I usually use canned pineapple, but I've also used fresh (as you can see in the pictures) and it is great either way.  In the summer/early fall, it is great to add in blueberries, peaches, or whatever else you can get your hands on. 

Honey Lime Fruit Salad

Time to Prepare: 10 minutes
Number of Servings: 4

  • 1 (20 oz) can pineapple chunks, drained well
  • 1 (11 oz or 15 oz) can mandarin oranges, drained well
  • 2-3 kiwi, sliced into half moons
  • 1 cup grapes, halved
  • 1 cup strawberries, slivered
  • 1 Tbsp lime zest
  • 1 tsp poppy seeds
  • 2 Tbsp honey
Combine the fruit in a medium serving bowl.  Add the lime zest and poppy seeds and toss gently.  Add the honey and and mix gently until evenly coated.  Serve immediately.

Produce Used: Pineapple, kiwi, grapes, strawberries, lime
Source: Mel's Kitchen Cafe

1 comment:

  1. Most fruit salads are too goopy. Whipped topping, whipped cream, sour cream, ANY CREAM has no place on fruit salad. This fruit salad tastes like fruit. It's amazing.

    ReplyDelete