Wednesday, December 9, 2015

Avocado Salsa

When I was working full-time before we moved to the city, there was a lady in the office (Pat) who would always bring in the best homemade snacks and treats.  I think I asked for the recipe just about every single time she would bring food in.  This salsa recipe is from her and it is the thing I remember her bringing in the most.  She would bring in a huge bowl, which would inevitably be devoured long before the end of the day.  It is hands down my favorite salsa--a little kick of spice from the peppers, but not so much that you burn your face off, plus the creamy avocados and that subtle bite of onion make this the world's most perfect salsa in my humble opinion.  Seriously, my mouth is watering just thinking about it

Avocado Salsa

Number of Servings: 10-12
Time to Prepare: 15 minutes

  • 10 medium tomatoes, diced
  • 1 medium yellow onion, small diced
  • 1 bunch green onion, thinly sliced
  • 2 jalapeno peppers, seeded and minced
  • 3 small avocado, diced
  • 2 Anaheim peppers, seeded and small diced
  • 1/4 bunch cilantro, finely chopped
  • garlic salt
  • 1/2 cup lemon juice
Combine tomatoes, onion, green onion, jalapenos, avocado, Anaheim peppers, and cilantro in a large bowl.  Add garlic salt (to taste) and lemon juice and toss gently.  Refrigerate until ready to serve.

Source: slightly adapted from a recipe from my friend, Pat Williams
Produce Used: Tomato, onion, green onion, jalapeno, avocado, Anaheim peppers, cilantro, lemon

No comments:

Post a Comment