Thursday, July 10, 2014

Stir-Fried Broccoli

This makes for a great vegetarian main dish if you're looking for a meatless dinner, or you can add in some chicken or shrimp if you so desire.  I actually like to serve this with a side of the chicken satay I posted earlier this week.  You know, vegetables for the main dish, meat for the side dish--changing things up a little.  Also, the sweet chili sauce used in this recipe is my new favorite condiment.  I can't resist licking the measuring spoon after I add that in (don't worry, I don't reuse it after that) and maybe even squeezing a little extra taste onto my finger.  It is tasty stuff!  I use the "A Taste of Thai" brand, but I'm sure there are other good brands out there too.

Stir-Fried Broccoli

Number of Servings: 4-5
Time to Prepare: 15 minutes


  • 1 Tbsp vegetable oil
  • 4 cups bite-size broccoli florets
  • 2 cloves garlic, minced
  • 1/2 cup chicken broth
  • 4 tsp soy sauce
  • 1 Tbsp sweet chili sauce
  • 2 tsp sesame oil
  • 2 tsp cornstarch
  • hot cooked rice
In a large 12-inch nonstick skillet, heat the oil over medium-high heat until hot and rippling.  Add the broccoli and cook, stirring often, until the broccoli has turned bright green and is lightly browned, 8-10 minutes. It won't cook much more after this so it should be about as cooked as you want it to end up. Stir in the garlic and cook for a minute or so, stirring to keep it from burning.

Whisk together all the sauce ingredients and pour over the broccoli.  Stir until well coated with the sauce and simmer for 1-2 minutes. Add additional salt and pepper to taste if needed.  Serve immediately over rice.

Source: Mel's Kitchen Cafe
Produce Used: Broccoli, garlic

No comments:

Post a Comment