Thursday, May 29, 2014

Lemon White Chocolate Butter Cookies

Let's get something out of the way here...I have a major sweet tooth.  I would make a different dessert or treat every day if there wasn't all that darn guilt involved.  Of course I probably still make too many sweets, as evidenced by all the fun times I spend at the dentist's office.  I got this cookie recipe from my mother-in-law and it is a double win for me.  Not only do I absolutely love both lemon and white chocolate, but my husband doesn't like either one.  More cookies for me!  Of course, my 3-year-old still takes his fair share.

Lemon White Chocolate Butter Cookies

Number of Servings: about 60 (small) cookies
Time to Prepare: 40 minutes


  • 1 cup butter, softened
  • 3/4 cup sugar
  • 1/2 tsp salt
  • 1 tsp light corn syrup
  • 1/2 tsp lemon extract
  • 1 Tbsp lemon zest
  • 2 egg yolks
  • 2 cups flour
  • 1 to 1 1/2 cups white chocolate chips

Preheat oven to 375 degrees.  Cream the butter, sugar, salt, corn syrup, lemon extract, and lemon zest until light and creamy.  Add the yolks, one at a time, and beat with each addition, just to blend in thoroughly.  On the lowest speed, beat in the flour until blended.  Stir in the white chocolate chips.   
   
Scoop in rounded teaspoonfuls onto ungreased baking sheets.  Press to flatten slightly.  Bake until the edges just begin to brown, about 8 minutes.  Remove to a cooling rack to cool.

Source: adapted from a recipe from my mother-in-law

No comments:

Post a Comment