Sunday, May 18, 2014

We're back!

My husband and I originally created this blog to help give ideas of recipes that would use ingredients from our weekly "Bountiful Basket" in Utah. When we started getting the baskets, we had looked for blogs with recipe ideas specifically for the basket ingredients and while we found a few, it seemed that they mostly posted recipes that would use just one ingredient.  We wanted recipes that would use several basket items so we decided we would create our own blog, just to try to be a small resource to others in our situation.

We have since moved to New York City and aren't able to get Bountiful Baskets (which we are still sad about). However, we still like to cook and try new recipes.  We had wanted to keep the blog going, but really weren't quite sure how to do that.  After a year and half long hiatus, we decided to resurrect the blog in a bit of a new way. Now I will just be posting recipes that I make and we really like. I will still tag posts with labels of the produce I use in case that is helpful to our (very few) readers, but I will also be posting recipes that don't necessarily use produce.

I do want to put a disclaimer out there....I am not a food blogger and I'm really not trying to be. I don't have a fancy camera (or any photography skills to speak of)--I take pictures with my phone. This is really just a way for me to document some of the great recipes I try out, and if it ends up being helpful to other people then great!  In looking back at our past posts, I know there are some improvements that can be made in how we post (serving size information, more clear instructions, etc.) so I will try my best to make those improvements and post these recipes in a way that makes them easy to follow, but please don't be too hard on me! :)

Just as a little teaser, I recently climbed my Everest of baking and made homemade croissants.  I was pretty nervous about it through the entire (very long) process, but they turned out so delicious!  I will have to make them again before I can post about it because I need to take some process pictures to help explain how to make them, but that will be coming soon, along with many other delicious recipes.

No comments:

Post a Comment