Saturday, November 8, 2014

Brown Sugar Bacon Edamame

Ok, guys, I'm seriously drooling just thinking about these.  I have some leftovers in the fridge (I can't even tell you the amount of restraint it took to actually have any left over) and I may just have to bust those out as soon as I'm done writing this up.  The brown sugar bacon in this recipe is to die for.  SERIOUSLY.  I know I just used all caps, like I'm yelling at you or something.  That's how good this is.  Finger-licking, stealing bacon crumbles off the four-year-old's plate, don't share with anybody good.  Just try it.  You'll understand.

Brown Sugar Bacon Edamame

Number of Servings: 3-4
Time to Prepare: 35 minutes

  • 1/2 cup brown sugar, divided
  • 1 tsp chili powder
  • 2 tsp honey mustard
  • 6 slices bacon
  • 9 oz frozen edamame
  • 2 Tbsp butter
Preheat oven to 400 degrees.

Combine 1/4 cup brown sugar, chili powder, and honey mustard in a large Ziploc bag.  Add bacon and rub brown sugar mixture into the bacon slices.  Lay bacon slices on a cooling rack placed in a baking sheet.  Bake for 20 minutes.  Let cool slightly, then remove from cooling rack and chop.

While bacon cooks, cook edamame according to package directions (I buy the ones at Costco that you can just microwave straight in the bag).

Heat butter in a large skillet over medium heat.  Add remaining 1/4 cup brown sugar and stir to combine.  Cook, stirring constantly, until brown sugar is mostly dissolved, then stir in edamame.  Continue cooking, stirring frequently, for about 5 minutes until edamame is glazed with brown sugar sauce.  Stir in bacon and cook for 5 more minutes, continuing to stir, then serve.

Source: inspired by Food Network
Produce Used: Edamame

No comments:

Post a Comment