Thursday, November 6, 2014

Sesame Soy Broccoli

This recipe actually came off the bag that I buy my broccoli in (it's a huge freezer bag of broccoli florets from Costco).  It is quick and simple, but packed full of flavor.  Basically any time I'm cooking broccoli, my husband requests this recipe.  Sometimes I oblige and sometimes I don't, but when I do I never regret it.  I especially love the contrast of the bright green broccoli with the little white sesame seeds--it is just so pretty!  And yes, it tastes as good as it looks.

Sesame Soy Broccoli

Number of Servings: 4-6
Time to Prepare: 8 minutes

  • 5 cups frozen broccoli florets
  • 2 Tbsp sugar
  • 2 Tbsp olive oil
  • 2 Tbsp soy sauce
  • 4 tsp rice vinegar
  • 1-2 tsp sesame seeds
Steam broccoli for 5-7 minutes, until crisp tender.

Meanwhile, combine the sugar, olive oil, soy sauce, and rice vinegar in a small saucepan over medium heat.  Cook and stir until sugar is dissolved.

Put broccoli in a serving bowl and drizzle with sauce, then sprinkle with sesame seeds.

Source: adapted from recipe on broccoli package
Produce Used: Broccoli

No comments:

Post a Comment