Sunday, July 24, 2011

7/16/2011 Basket - Zuppa Toscana

I will admit straight-up that I had to find out from Sven that the leafy bunch of greens I got was actually kale. I'd heard of it, but never actually seen it or cooked with it. Thus it was with great trepidation that I made this recipe last night. It was so good that I'm heading to my dad's tonight to make it again for him.

Zuppa Toscana
Uses: Kale


http://allrecipes.com/recipe/restaurant-style-zuppa-toscana/detail.aspx

Changes I made: I dumped the whole thing of sausage in my large sauce pan and cooked it like chunky ground beef, removed it and cooked the onions and garlic in its grease. I used pre-cooked bacon. I replaced the chicken soup base with 2 T of chicken Better Than Bouillon. And I used 1/2 c cream. I like cream. :)


No comments:

Post a Comment