Friday, July 29, 2011

7/23/2011 Basket - Saucy Sesame Green Beans

I hate green beans. Well, I hated green beans until we found this recipe. Now I love green beans, provided that they are cooked in the following manner.

Saucy Sesame Green Beans
Uses: Green beans

Cook 1 lb. fresh or frozen green beans in 1 T. olive oil in a hot skillet until they are crisp tender (takes about 10 minutes). Stir every so often so the beans cook evenly.

In the mean time, mix 3 T. soy sauce, 2 t. sesame seeds, 2.5 t. minced garlic, 4 T. brown sugar, and 3 T. peanut butter in a medium bowl.

When the beans are done cooking, pour the sauce over the beans and stir to incorporate. Cook until sauce is heated through. Serve immediately.

1 comment:

  1. It sounds heavenly! I'm always looking for sides to go with my Thai Chicken and Stir Fry, and I think this will be perfect!

    ReplyDelete