Friday, February 20, 2015

Chicken Tikka Flatbread Pizza

I have to just tell you how much I love the blog Mel's Kitchen Cafe.  I don't even remember how I came across it, but I have been following it for a couple years now, and I just adore her recipes.  I also kind of adore her and wish she was my friend in real life.  But she is definitely my best friend in the kitchen, whether she knows it or not.  I have so many recipes from her that we all love, many of them being awesome 20-minute meals.  And they're not just quick and easy, they always taste great too!  This flatbread pizza is a perfect example.  Assuming you have some flatbread (homemade or store bought) and some cooked chicken (rotisserie chicken works great here) available, this comes together in a flash.  The flavors are fun and unique for pizza, which is right up my alley.

Chicken Tikka Flatbread Pizza

Number of Servings: 6 personal pizzas
Time to Prepare: 20 minutes

  • 1 (14.5 oz) can diced tomatoes, drained
  • 2 tsp olive oil
  • 1 tsp grated fresh ginger
  • 1/8 tsp cayenne pepper
  • 4 cloves garlic, minced
  • 1 tsp curry powder
  • 1/2 tsp cumin
  • 1/4 tsp kosher salt
  • 2 Tbsp cream
  • 3 cups cooked, diced chicken
  • 6 pieces flatbread (about 6 or 7" in diameter)
  • 1/4 of a red onion, thinly sliced
  • 8 oz mozzarella cheese, shredded
  • 2-3 Tbsp chopped fresh cilantro
Blend the tomatoes in a food processor or blender until smooth.  Set aside.

Heat olive oil in a medium saucepan over medium heat.  Add the ginger, cayenne, garlic, curry powder, cumin, and salt.  Cook, stirring constantly, for about 30 seconds.  Add the pureed tomatoes and simmer for 3-4 minutes.  Stir in the cream and chicken and heat through.

Divide the chicken and sauce evenly among the 6 flatbreads.  Top with sliced red onion and mozzarella cheese.  Cook under your broiler (about 4-6" away) until the cheese is melted and starting to get brown spots--it will only take a few minutes so watch it carefully.  Sprinkle with cilantro and serve immediately.

Source: slightly adapted from Mel's Kitchen Cafe
Produce Used: Ginger, garlic, red onion, cilantro

No comments:

Post a Comment