Wednesday, February 25, 2015

Sweet Chili Edamame

I know some people are hating on soy lately, but man do I love edamame.  The bright, happy green always livens up my plate.  And getting a little dirty eating it with my hands kind of makes me feel like a kid again.  Plus, when you get the little microwavable bags from Costco, it is SO easy to prepare.  I've been trying to experiment with different ways to serve it so I randomly threw this one together the other day and we absolutely loved it.  So much so that I made it again just a few days later (repeating a recipe that soon after making it once almost never happens around here).  The sweet chili sauce pairs so nicely with the garlic and you get this great sweet and tangy flavor going on.  Just try it, you'll see what I mean.

Sweet Chili Edamame

Number of Servings: 4
Time to Prepare: 15 minutes

  • 2 Tbsp butter
  • 1 Tbsp minced garlic
  • 9 oz frozen (in shell) edamame
  • 1 Tbsp Thai sweet chili sauce
  • kosher salt
Melt butter in a small saute pan over medium-low heat.  Stir in garlic and cook, stirring frequently, until golden brown, about 8 minutes.

While the garlic browns, cook the edamame according to the package instructions.

Place cooked edamame in a small serving bowl.  Scrape butter and garlic into the bowl.  Add Thai sweet chili sauce and stir to combine.  Season with kosher salt to taste.

Source: Myself
Produce Used: Garlic, edamame

No comments:

Post a Comment