Friday, August 12, 2011

8/06/2011 Basket - Cream of Fresh Asparagus Soup

I love asparagus, and therefore I love this soup. I have been known to lick the pot clean. True story. This was the first time I gave it to my kids, so I put sour cream in a baggie, snipped off the edge, and drew a swirl on the soup. Then I used a toothpick to drag from the inside out, making a spider web. It's amazing how appealing green soup can be to kids when it has a spider web on it. I actually told my boys the soup was made with real spiders. I'm a liar like that. :)

Cream of Fresh Asparagus Soup
Uses: asparagus, onion


http://allrecipes.com/recipe/cream-of-fresh-asparagus-soup-ii/detail.aspx
(btw, if you think this looks or smells yucky as you go along, don't give up! it will turn out beautifully!)

No comments:

Post a Comment