Wednesday, August 17, 2011

8/6/2011 Basket - Asparagus & Eggs

When I tell my wife that we're having asparagus and eggs, she always complains, but then ends up really enjoying it. I guess it really doesn't sound very appealing.

Now I admit - this sounds like a weird dish. I didn't come up with this though - I saw it on a number of Food Network shows before I went ahead and tried it. And believe it or not, it's really tasty. I basically follow this recipe from the Barefoot Contessa, except this time I added some blue cheese crumbles and parsley on top.

Now the secret to cooking scrambled eggs is to cook them low and slow. In France they cook eggs over a double boiler. The proteins in eggs will stiffen up and cling together if they are heated up too quickly. So cook the eggs over low heat, stirring often. It will take longer, but it will be worth it.

No comments:

Post a Comment