Thursday, June 23, 2011

6/18/2011 Basket - No-Bake Fruit Tart

We've got a lot of fruit laying around. I was going to make a fruit pizza, but it's too hot to turn on the oven. So I made a few fruit tarts.

No-Bake Fruit Tart
Uses: Any fruits you have laying around.

We used our Pampered Chef Tart/Quiche Pan and sprayed it well with non-stick cooking spray.

The crust is your average Rice Krispies Treats, flattened and pressed into the sides of the pan. For the size of our pan, I melted 2 Tbsp. butter in a sauce pan. Then I added 2 C. mini marshmallows and once they had melted, I added 3 C. Rice Krispies. Finally mix it all up and press it in the pan.

The filling is a fruit dip that we enjoy which is easy to make. Beat 8 oz. softened cream cheese, 1 Tbsp. milk, 1 tsp. vanilla, and 1/2 C. brown sugar with a hand blender. Spread over Rice Krispies crust.

Cut up any fruits you have and arrange them on the fruit dip filling. Brush the completed fruit tart with any citrus juice to keep the fruit from browning. I brushed with orange juice.




No comments:

Post a Comment