Tuesday, June 21, 2011

6/4/2011 Tropical Pack - Mint Ice Cubes

When I got a bunch of mint in my tropical pack two weeks ago, I was excited.  I love mint! Only when I tried to figure out what cook did I realize that I HAVE NO BLINKIN' CLUE what to do with mint leaves.  I looked up tons of recipes, tried many, and often ended up disappointed. This ended up being my back-up plan, and I love it. Fancy for parties, perfect to add to water or limeade, and my husband devours them.

Mint Ice Cubes
Uses: Mint leaves


This recipes has two alternatives, depending on the number of mint leaves you have. Hot water will bring out the mint flavor, hence more leaves are required with cold water.

12 fresh mint leaves
2 cups boiling water

Place one mint leaf in each cell of an ice cube tray.  Fill with boiling water and allow to cool for 10 minutes.  Place in freezer until solid.
______________________________________

24 fresh mint leaves
2 cups cold water

Place two mint leaves in each cell of an ice cube tray.  Fill with cold water and place in freezer until solid.

No comments:

Post a Comment