Sunday, June 12, 2011

6/4/2011 Basket - Banana Bread, Applesauce, Chocolate Strawberries

We've noticed lately that we tend to accumulate certain fruits and vegetables from week to week. This week we had an abundance of apples, bananas, and strawberries.

Homemade Applesauce
Uses: Apples

This applesauce is super easy and is so much better than anything you can buy at the store.



Banana Bread
Uses: Banana

I like this recipe for banana bread because it uses over 2 cups of mashed bananas per loaf. When I made mine I added a layer of chocolate chips in the batter, so that my baked bread had a sweet cocoa ribbon in the center. I also added a simple streusel topping.




Chocolate Strawberries
Uses: Strawberries

We did this the easy way and melted both white chocolate and milk chocolate chips over a double boiler. Then dip and serve. My wife did little squiggles of chocolate to make it look good.



No comments:

Post a Comment